- Remote Learning»
- Archive: March - December 2020 (remote learning)»
- Year 4»
- Additional Learning Activities»
- Science Year 4 Summer 2»
Science Year 4 Summer 2
Have a go at some of these tasks at home. They all about the topic Living Things or practising your scientific skills.
Have a look at this webpage from the Sussex Wildlife Trust all about species found in the local area. Create a checklist and see which ones you have spotted. Can you classify them into different groups?
Scientists need good observation skills. Use the "My Street Tree" resource attached below to investigate a tree in your local area.
Try planting some seeds and watch them grow. Record what you see each day. If you don’t have any seeds, you can try growing your old food scraps!
- Celery – cut off the base and leave in warm water until new leaves start to appear.
- Tomatoes – wash and dry out the seeds and then plant in soil.
- Pineapples and avocados – suspend just over a container of water using cocktail sticks.
- Garlic – plant each clove straight in the soil, root end down –simple!
Carry out a simple experiment at home and record your findings with words and pictures. See below for a few ideas.