Impact of PE and Sport Premium Expenditure 2016/17
How the funding was used:
- Employing and training a PE technician to support pupils and staff during curriculum time, to teach swimming lessons and to run extracurricular clubs.
- Buying into the Shoreham Academy School Sports Partnership. Enabling our children to compete regularly against other local schools and providing staff with quality training opportunities.
- Hiring specialist PE teachers and qualified sports coaches to work alongside our teachers in PE lessons. e.g. in the Summer we used Chance to Shine, an initiative run by Sussex County Cricket Club.
- Paying for professional development opportunities in PE.
- Providing cover to release teachers for professional development in PE.
- An increase in the number of pupils able to access extra-curricular sports clubs.
- An increase in the number of pupils able to represent the school at a sporting event.
- Continued and new successes in locality competitions.
- Providing pupils with opportunities to try new sports.
- Additional support for pupils who lack confidence in basic skills, leading to an increase in the percentage of pupils reaching age related expectations with PE.
- Additional support for Gifted and Talented pupils, including the sharing of good practice with locality schools.
- National recognition of our commitment to PE - achieving the KS2 Sainsbury's School Games Mark Gold Award and the KS1 Quality Start PE Silver award.